Sunday, July 29, 2012

S3E20 - "The Man Behind the Curtain"

I've got high hopes after that surprisingly great episode that followed hours and hours of bullshit.  Let's pull back the curtain, see if we can find some more goodness buried at the end of the season.

01:07  Who's this Emily pooping out a baby out of nowhere?  I thought none of the mothers made it to the third trimester. 

02:16  Oh, so it's not the island, it was just out in the woods somewhere. 

02:54  Ah, it's Ben's parents.  And she died giving birth.  It's like, thematic somethingorother.

05:25  Yes, tell us about Jacob.

06:39  Locke is the human lie detector.

09:22  Oh, so Ben's dad is the dead body they found in the van.  Fair enough.  Wonder what they ended up doing with his skull.

10:14  Hey hey running Bakunin!
  

10:45  Nice explanation of why he's not dead.  "Hurrr it wasn't set to a lethal level."

11:54  Nobody gives a shit that Locke is beating the ever-loving fuck out of Mikhail.  And I like that.

14:27  Yes, what do you mean "natives"?

15:10  When your dad's a creepy Uncle Rico, and your mom's an apparently undead redhead from True Blood (you know, the one with the demon baby,) you're gonna end up pretty fucked-up, just like Ben did.

19:03  Ben's dad blames Ben for his mom's death.  Yet more fucking daddy issues on this show.

22:18  I kind of wish they'd just fucking shoot Jack or something, seriously. 

24:02  Ol' Bunnicula there didn't explode - I guess it's safe.  (Is that #8?  Those things must live a long-ass time.)

25:13  Suddenly Susan dude ages really well, I see.

27:32  Oooh, spooky house.

29:04  I bet Jacob's that bunny!

29:33  Uh.  So Ben's just plain nuts, apparently.  I actually kind of like that.

31:36  Okay, maybe not.  Spooky house!

35:34  Is Ben gonna kill his own father?  Or is . . .  Jacob going to do it for him?

37:35  Yup.

38:15  What the fuck?  Some kind of Jonestown shit going on?  The hell happened?

39:13  Ah, Mr. Alpert and the "Hostiles" happened.

41:13  His gun is a cane?  Or wait, his . . . hold on, what?  How'd he get the gun?

42:02  We know Locke's not going to die.  He's got Loganesque healing powers, this guy.

And obviously I'm not the first person to think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment