Sunday, June 24, 2012

S1E23 - "Exodus (Part 1)"

Okay, this episode is either about the Jews wandering in the desert after being freed from the Pharaoh, or about listening to Bob Marley.  I don't recall any Jews in the show, but Hurley acts like a total hippie, so I'm going to go with the latter here.  An odd choice of subject for the season finale, but who am I to question J.J. Abrams?



03:02  Oh shit, crazy lady appears, and there's Walt with his dick in his hand.  Literally.

04:33  The otters are coming?

05:58  ". . . or die"?

06:01  ". . . or die."  The dialogue on this show . . . damn.

07:37  It'd be hilarious if the boat just fell apart as soon as they tried to move it.

08:18  Ha!  Well, part of it broke, anyway.

08:40  Plume of black smoke?  Otters!

10:25  I think Locke's got himself a bald-ass boner from the French woman there.

10:39  OH MY FUCKING GOD IT'S MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ AND I AM OFFICIALLY A FAN OF THIS SHOW FOREVER.  No, you don't understand.  I've only seen her in maybe two movies, but I am seriously in love with Michelle Rodriguez.  She's one of my very few celebrity crushes, along with Nellie McKay, Sigourney Weaver, and Valerie Bertinelli circa 1982.  But I'm totally not down with her hitting on Jack.  Fuck that noise.  Okay, I knew there were more people showing up on the show, and I assumed they'd be from the back of the plane - they've been dropping hits all season.  I guess this is when they show up.  Hell to the yes.  Also, I got a retro-spoiler when looking up one of the actors who had a bit part (the guy playing the science teacher):  Apparently, when Boone is on the radio in the crashed plane that ends up killing him, he says "We're the survivors of Oceanic flight" whatever, and the voice answers him.  I thought they were just repeating what he said, asking for confirmation, but apparently the voice says, "WE'RE the survivors of Oceanic flight" whatever.  So yeah, hot damn.

Dynamite indeed.

16:15  Yankee go home! 

18:09  Finally spelling the beans about meeting Jack's dad.

22:24  Elbow to the face!  This marshal was kind of a dick, but, I mean, I can see where he's coming from.  On paper, I bet Kate looks like a ruthless bitch.

25:54  Locke is totally hot for her.  "Mean bush," indeed!  Wait what?

26:25 "Arzt" is German for "Doctor,"  as in medical doctor - but he's a Ph.D (they mention it when he first shows up teaching them about monsoon season).

29:02  Whatever that is, it's making the noise I make when I masturbate.

33:06  Oh great, Boone's in the flashback.  Why won't he just stay dead?

35:00  Uh, Frenchie, that's neither black, nor a rock.  It's an old fuckin' boat.

35:59  LOL racist Americans.  Well, I guess my comment was kind of racist too.  I mean, they could just as easily be Canadian.

37:05
  Holy shit, a touching moment that isn't groan-inducing.  Somebody get me an Emmy nomination form!

40:24  Bon voyage, guys!  There's five more seasons, so I know you're going to fail!

No comments:

Post a Comment