Thursday, June 21, 2012

S1E19 - "Deus ex Machina"

That's Latin for "Fun game with shitty dialogue and a ridiculous ending."  Ha, gamer jokes!  COME ON PEOPLE

00:39  Locke with hair looks like Bob Rebadow from Oz

01:20  SWOOSIE KURTZ!

01:58  "It's called a trebuchet, Boone, because it IS a trebuchet."  That's called a tautology!  But that's really an oversimplification of theories of naming, but let's not get into that, because it's late and I'm tired.  It'd be the first real use of my degree other than late-night drunken conversations, though.

03:35  He can't feel pain in his legs.  He's got . . . Superlegs!


06:50  Swoosie's trippin' me out, man.

07:12  Oh, she's just insane, my bad.

07:41  Women and their gossip, am I right?

08:41  Ha, Matthew Fox dropping jokes about McCoughnadick's nicknames!

10:06  Okay when did this turn into Twin Peaks on an Island?

11:23  Institutionalized.  Called it at 07:12, people!

13:06  Oh shit, Locke's dad is also Nick Andopolis's dad!  (I'll never forgive him for selling those drums.)



15:27  See?  Twin Peaks psychic dream happenings!

16:40  Meanwhile, McCoughnadick has a brain tumor.

19:21  Dead priest in a tree.  I can honestly say I did not expect that one.

20:15  Speculation:
  1. Locke's dad is just using him for a kidney.
  2. He told him 11 on purpose so he would see the dialysis and therefore the subject would arise.
  3. Complications from the surgery are what causes Locke's paralysis.
  4. Those complications are due to Jack's dad being drunk.
Let's see how many of these pan out.

25:49  So is it that the closest Locke gets to whatever they're looking for, the less his legs work?

30:01  Those glasses are actually pretty cool, I think.

32:58  Let's hope Charlie doesn't find that plane, know what I mean?

34:44  Boone's dead.  Bye Boone.

35:23  Okay Boone's not really dead.  And Locke with the jacked-up legs is totally carrying his ass to safety.  How about that.

37:18  Congratulations, Locke, your dad is dead.

38:27  Oh sorry, your dad is just a dick.  Speculations 1 and 2 are correct.  Speculations 3 and 4, however, were wrong.

41:19  Lot of daddy issues on this show, for real.  Jack, Locke, Sawyer; all major daddy issues.  Sun and Jin have daddy and daddy-in-law issues, respectively.  Then there's the whole Michael-Walt thing -- plus,  Hurley's father is noticeably absent from his flashback.  I bet we're going to find out that the man Kate killed was her father.  And Charlie's father will also have been a heroin addict!  Stay tuned, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment